Thursday, May 04, 2006

Queries, Queries Everywhere

Hands down best part of having an agent? Never having to write another query letter.

Okay, and my agent is a pretty nifty sounding board for story ideas, a great motivator and a fabu margarita buddy, too. But for my money, one of the best reasons to pursue a good agent is that they know what a winning query looks like and how to write one for your masterpiece.

For everyone who is in query hell (or query heaven--does that exist?), today's column over at Romancing the Blog has a fantastic list of resources for writing good queries. Don't you love the Internet?

6 Comments:

Blogger future bestseller said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and thought it was a really good one. I am also a fellow writer (a lot further behind in the pack than you are--still in college). I am looking to connect with/ get feedback on my blog from other writers.
BTW, the name is from my first college English class; I do realize it is odd and a little corny

11:39 PM  
Blogger LK said...

Hey, thanks for the link. Good luck with your book, congrats and all good things (as I turn absolutely chartreause with envy). :)

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mel! I miss you! Have lots to talk about. Can't wait to see you again. btw, if you go to
http://www.technologyreview.com/Biztech/18016

You might recognize the byline.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Vivian Mahoney said...

Thanks for this info. I could of used this link last week.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If this is the Mel I think it is, this is your little 'sis' from those horribly stupid alien days (what I learned: appreciate the scenery and drool, don't obsess). I'm glad to see you writing and will buy your novel in gobs when it comes out. Well, okay. I will buy it and then pass on the word. I'm good with forcing things down people's throats, I've learned. Ha!

Love ya, Liz Hanson

6:42 AM  
Blogger Melissa Leavitt said...

Fellow Diva,

TaG!

Visit RD for your mission.

:)

Diva M

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home